27 May 2009

my baby....

...is officially an ALUMNI of the same high school i attended! i had the most full weekend i've had in a while, but the highlight was this: i went back and forth over whether to make jamani a mini book or just a card. you see, my son is one of the most laid-back people i've ever run across in my life! not too much excites him. so, i debated over whether i should spend a LOT of hours on something he would pay absolutely NO attention to. i finally decided to just DO IT! we had a brunch for him sunday morning and i presented it to him. he quietly looked through it for about ten minutes while i stood there with my stomach in knots...i would be SO disappointed if he just said, "ok" and pitched it aside. he got to the last page and looked up at me and asked, "mama, can i keep this?" i was like, "son, it's yours...why would you ask that?" he said, "you hold onto everything for the memories and i just really want to keep this." he couldn't have responded better if i had PAID him!!! i watched him for the rest of the day. he would sit the mini down and talk to everyone but every once in a while, he'd go back to it and look at it and rub it and touch it. you all don't know how that makes me feel...he REALLY loved something that i put so much love into! i'll be back later to tell you all about my weekend, but i just had to share this mini that my son and i both love so much!

14 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Wow Kean...What a wonderful gift! and how sweet and surprising his reaction was!

Taj White said...

Gurl I am about to cry. Got tears in my eyes. I just started to see this little boy turn into this almost grown man. And my heart just broke. This is beautiful and it's obvious you put so much love into it. Gorgeous work.

Anonymous said...

Oh Keandra, this is BEAUTIFUL! And I can only hope my son will react in the same manner... I guess we always have this "uncertainty" on how our gift will be received... after all we are giving them our heart. Thanks for sharing, this is so inspiring! :-)

Julie Howard said...

Congratulations to your graduate! And his reaction to your beautiful album was so touching. You've raised an amazing boy.

Lynn said...

Mine just graduated too! I LOVE this album!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son on his graduation. I can see why he loves it...it's fantastic and so is his mom!!
TenaE.

Marit said...

Keandra, this is marvelous! What a great book, and what a great response!!! You totally deserve it, and when I read it - HE totally deserves it too! Congrats to the both of you at the graduate.

Denise said...

This is just about the coolest gift I ever saw! I have sons as well and I am SO glad yours responded the way he did! Congratulations mom!!

~EssenseVibez~ said...

this is simply beautiful gurl---you go skillz---email me---i have somethin for ya!!!

gudrun said...

WOW! This is awesome!!!

Jennifer Larson said...

Oh, how PERFECT! Congratulations, and what a terrific mini.

Peggy said...

Keandra, goosebumps appeared when I read his reaction to your album. The more I read about you and your family, the more I love you all. You guys touch my heart in a way I thought was impossible for people I have never met.
The album is gorgeous, perfect for a teenage boy. It's heartfelt and sentimental but looking cool at the same time, you rock!
Love xxx Peggy

Peggy said...

I forgot to say: Jamani's such a handsome young man!!!! Smart, handsome, a loving family ... he's got so much going for him! What are his future plans?
xxx Peggy

Mireille said...

oh wow! Congrats to your "baby".. he is mega handsome btw.. well done on that part too mommy!
And.. I have gotta say.. I am so glad I found you (sorry for the stalking).. but you make the most BEAUTIFUL stuff!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin