23 July 2011

Every year for the past five...

THIS has been the hardest week I endure all year.  My Daddy was born on July 15th...and died on July 22, 2006.  Normally, I'm soo down during this week.  We couldn't really fully enjoy Daddy's last birthday because we KNEW his time was short.  I start working myself up in June, dreading what's coming.  But...it didn't happen this year.  I mean, I still felt down in June.  I always think about the fact that Daddy never got to meet my husband or youngest son so every time they (or the older two boys) accomplish anything my first thought is: Daddy would have LOVED to see that!  As I type this...is the first time I've cried this week.  My Daddy was an awesome artist and I always think about how he would be the only one of my family (beside my husband) to truly celebrate my kreative accomplishments.  Before this week arrived I prayed: "God...please...give me strength to focus on the positive during Daddy's week so that I'm not soo down in the dumps.  In Jesus' name...Amen."  And it worked!  I had soo much goodness in my life this week that I only smiled when I thought of my Daddy...thought of how proud he would be of me.  When I read this comment from Debbie
It hit me...HE DID IT!!!  My Daddy had a lil discussion with God: "Say Big G...I was thinking: why don't we give Face (what Daddy called me!) a break this year.  Nothing but goodness this week." And that's why I've had such a blessed week.  Thank you, Daddy...and God for such a spectacular week...and for helping me hold back the tears until it was over
 

6 comments:

🌈🌈🌈 said...

Big thanks to BOTH your daddys!

Mary C. said...

I completely understand this. My mom passed away 10/10/2000. Every October I get kind of weird. Last October it was 10/10/10 and it really freaked me out but my daughter's got together and spent the day with me. It was wonderful instead of awful.
So glad that God did his thing and you were good.
XO!

Papercrafting Princess said...

So true Keandra..Miracles & Blessings have been pouring in!!! At least you have wonderful memories to cherish. That's what keeps me going when I think about my Dad.....You're in my prayers!

Jaime Lynne said...

He does hear and answer prayers. I agree completely. Face... there's a story there, I think!

Glad your week went better than expected. Next year will be a little bit easier, too.

Karenliz Henderson said...

Both my parents died in 2004; my mom in January and my father in April. I understand completely understand what you're going through. I'm happy you had an amazing week!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Awww... I'm sure your daddy's smiling down reading this, Keandra. I had fun poking around your blog. Love your voice and love your art!

LMAO - word verification : twitshe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin