26 April 2011

What did you do...

...for Easter?  I have to keep it real with y'all...I thought I was TOO cute!!!  I have an affinity for linen & lace so I feel EXTRA diva-ish when I'm wearing either!!!  I happened to have a linen dress and jacket that I bought last year for Kea's christening.  But when everyone else couldn't find outfits to coordinate...I wore something else.  And I had THESE SHOES
 'cause ya KNOW how I feel about the animal print.  So, I'm prancin' all up in da chu'ch house with ma cute self and I look down and see these BLACK CHUNKS all around my feet...what the HIZZIE????  At first I thought Kea dropped a few crayons on the floor...until I saw the chunks FALLING FROM MY SHOES!!!  HAMMERCY!!!!  I'm not by ANY MEANS shallow but my nerves were TAUT thinking about parts of my shoes under the pew!!!  I really had to admonish myself to concentrate on the word and the meaning of the day...but I kept imagining my shoes just IMPLODING when the entire congregation walked out!!!  Kea had diarrhea the day before so when he asked during service to use the bathroom I had to take him HOME!!!!  I have a thing about other people's toilets!!!  While he was occupied, I ran around like a headless chicken looking for another pair of khaki sandals.  I found ONE shoe to at LEAST three pairs...the DEVIL!!!  And I KNEW I couldn't put THESE 
back on!!!  Yeah those ROCKS melding with my soles...NOT SEXY!!!  I finally got it together and just threw some casual sandals on and returned to chu'ch...'cause it was about the Lord not me!!!  Seriously though, I was glad I got back in time to take pix with my in-laws who THOROUGHLY enjoyed their visit to our worship place

 
and because my mother-in-law and I share a love for plants they gave me a beautiful Easter present:
God, please give me the strength to NOT KILL THIS PLANT.  In Jesus' name...Amen.   
 I got a shot of the two littlest grands
 and my parents got a shot of all the kids and most of their grandsons (my two oldest boys were off on their own adventures!)  
 My Mom had three girls and FINALLY a boy so MAYBE she'll finally get a granddaughter one day! Do you know my Daddy and I took a picture by this SAME pole in front of our church on Easter Sunday in NINETEEN SEVENTY EIGHT???
and I HAD TO take a picture of him alone...no really... he MADE ME!
my Daddy will be SIXTY NINE in September and he's still gangsta sooo...he GOT THAT!!!!

John and I decided to take the littlest to see
 before visiting my Granny's for dinner.  We were the only ones in the theatre until the previews started so Kea had the BEST TIME running around
and


 around!!!  I must admit...I love children's movies but this was one I thought I would just tolerate so that Kea would have a good time but I REALLY enjoyed it!  Like I'd buy it on DVD enjoyed it!  And the theatre was remodeled after Katrina so we stopped for a few shots


 And I ALWAYS have fun talking, laughing...eating with my extended family!!!  I got to see my cousin
 who's moving home for the first time since Katrina.  And my big baby and his little brother
 came over because Jamani was looking for his Easter basket fix!  WHAT?  You thought because he turns TWENTY in a few months that he no longer wants a basket?  LIES AND GARBAGE!!!!  My Mom made a basket for me until I was WELL into my thirties!!!  I REALLY need to get with her to find out WHAT MADE HER STOP!!!  My siblings got baskets from me until about TWO YEARS AGO...and they're STILL mad about that!!!  I think you're NEVER too old for an Easter basket!!!

Speaking of which:  I pulled the older two boys' baskets out of the closet 
and they made me smile.  I was SOO anal when Jamani and Ahmad were little that whatever I did for one I did for the other.  So we often had a problem with them knowing what was for whom.  Munchkin's favorite color is blue and Mahd's is red so the little ribbons tied around the handle were so I didn't have to referee if one ate every piece of chocolate in two hours and then claimed the other basket was his!!!  AHHH...sweet memories!!!

I love holidays and celebrations but sometimes they can be SOO stressful!!!  The next extravaganza will be for my husband's birthday in June when he turns 45.  I'm working on everything right now so that I'm not pulling my hair out!!!  What are you looking forward to?

5 comments:

Natalie Elphinstone said...

No - never too old for Easter baskets. Or.... Easter egg hunts!

chalesek said...

Looks like you all had a blast!! Such handsome boys you have!! Kea OMGoodness soo cute!!! I know you were still hot mama!!

Wendy said...

fabulous pictures!!!! :)

jacque4u2c said...

Looks like you all had a blast!! You have the best lookin' family EVER!

🌈🌈🌈 said...

love those family photos!
look at your boys growin up...and stoppin home for an easter bastet fix. Should have said he brought you a load of laundry too.... ;) that would have been icing on the cake.

You're lookin hot my friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin